silverthreads

Monday, August 30, 2004

IT: a work in progress

IT
©2003
by:
John McCullough
I'm sitting in a hotel room trying to think of the word used for a group of initials which represents a string of words, like AA or snafu. What if I have lost the ability to think? What if my brain is completely full? What if it is malfunctioning? What is it? It is.
I am no longer sitting in a hotel room, which neither implies that I am standing or in a hotel room.
The depth of my depravity is directly proportionate to the amount of time that I have left over at the end of the day.
I can change the world. I can dig a hole in it. It may not be better or worse, but it will be different.
This is the beginning to my great American novel. I will need at least one $5000 advance to fini shit, the shit to end all shits. I realize this is paramount to extortion.
The word is acronym.
It is amazing. How much life reflects art?
Some acronyms are created prior to the selection of words they are designated to represent.
FUBAR is not one of those acronyms.
UNITING AND STRENGTHENING AMERICA BY PROVIDING APPROPRIATE TOOLS REQUIRED TO INTERCEPT AND OBSTRUCT TERRORISM (USA PATRIOT) ACT OF 2001. Is it, or isn’t it? That is the question.
Chevalerie d'Institution et Regles Catholiques, d'Union Independente et Traditionaliste
(Chivalry of Catholic Rules and Institutions of the Independent and Tradionalist Union)
CIRCUIT
Isn't it amazing? How much pride is wasted on the least accomplished? The more accomplished one is, the more one realizes how little one has to do with one's own accomplishments.
Ain't, ain't a word, because ain't, ain't in the dictionary. Good God I am glad that I am not a linguist.
Timothy McVeigh was executed yesterday. Is capitol punishment a deterrent to capitol crime? I believe it is a sadistic reaction to a sadistic action. I believe it has more to do with Newton's Law than legal justice.
Justice: It is not us against them, it is just us.
This week was a benchmark in the march against right wing political mania in the media. In the midst of listening to Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by: Al Franken, I got an opportunity to hear a rebroadcast of the NPR interview with Bill O’Rielly featured as the guest on Fresh Air. Bill O’Rielly got so flustered by what sounded like a twelve year old girl that he turned tail and stormed out of the studio like a big wimp. I was not nearly as exuberant when Rush Limbaugh came on and made his confession of addiction, but as I know from my own experience, humility is essential to recovery from addiction. If anybody could use a dose of humility, it’s Rush Limbaugh.
IT

The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. The Celestial, the Terrestrial and the Immaterial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home