silverthreads

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I Had a Dream

Wednesday May 18, 2005
This morning I had a dream. In this dream, I am sitting at, what appears to be a kitchen table, or the counter at a diner.
To my left is my father, to my right is my mother, who is now deceased, but appears to be quite healthy in my dream.
In my hand is a small flashlight, the kind that uses two "AA" batteries. There was no cap to hold the batteries in place. I am trying to push the batteries into place with my thumb.
In front of me is a tabloid sized newspaper, displayed prominently on an easel or a music stand.
My mom says "Pray and things will get better"
.
The next thing I know, I am screaming at the top of my lungs "God help me, things never get any better, they just keep getting harder, and harder, and harder"
.
Out of the blue there appears two very bright flashes, which appear to be emanating from the newspaper, or the flashlight in my hand, bouncing off the newspaper.
Transcribed on the newspaper appears to be two sequential frames of a very overexposed, or negative, or x-ray of a human head in distress.
As I am stumbling out of my chair, the words going through my head are "What the fuck was that?" The look on my parents’ face reflected similar astonishment.
At this point I woke up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home